Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Tuesday - About 9 Hours Later

Here's the weird thing. I didn't even think about what the date was this morning, being September 11, and the fact that it's the first time the 11th has fallen on a Tuesday since the original day of the terror attacks on the USA on September 11, 2001.

As the years are passing it seems more and more distant, as I imagine it should. I heard that several memorial services were held today at the crash sites. With supporting evidence of the book Let's Roll and the movie United 93, it's a lot harder to justify such an idea, but in the back of my mind I still believe it's possible that U-93 was shot down by American military forces. Consider at the time they were struggling to account for every commerical airplane that was aloft. They may have received information identifying U-93 as a plane that had been compromised, and knowing that the Pentagon had already been struck it would be reasonable that in order to protect the White House, the Senate, or other key buildings, the President could well have ordered the downing of that jet. As I said, I think it less likely, but not entirely unreasonable.

So aside from this, the day went on as any normal day would. This afternoon we actually got some rain, so I had to buy some Saran Wrap and cover my front passenger window which will not currently close. I managed to swing by Publix and pick up dinner for Amy and myself, and she will head off to work and I will likely sit and reflect on a lot of different things tonight.

This reflection is not because of the anniversary of the terror attacks, but I will simply say that I have a lot on my mind and I am trying to sort through it all.

3 comments:

Sparky Duck said...

I think it also affects you based on proximity. It was a stronger thing here yesterday still.

and the wife agrees with you on U-93, i never really gave it much thought either way

Rebecca said...

If we were the ones who had shot it down I believe we would tell the truth about it.

Our government is way to massive to hide any conspiracies.

Unknown said...

I have heard this theory from many people including those who have served. I dont think This would ever be discussed even if it did happen.