Saturday, September 22, 2007

Happiness Is...

a final score in a conference game for UCF where UCF wins by a 56-20 score over the Univeristy of Memphis Tigers!

They lead 42-0 at halftime. We are 2-1 for the season and 1-0 in conference play for the year.

The University of Louisianna-Lafayette is our next guest, next week at 6pm.

Speaking of gurst, I received a really cheesy email this week from the alumni association, the athletic director and the president of the University asking out fans to be nice to the visiting team and their fans as they want our new on-campus stadium to be a nice place to visit.

Aparently no one in these groups knows that competition, bragging, and taunting are all part of the experience of watching college football. They want our stadium to be like Disney (which they are trying to do already with the no outside drinks so you must buy our $3 bottles of water). I don't see it happening.

Go Knights!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Sure hope your team won! My men aer watching the Arkansas Razorbacks (29) play the Kentucky Wildcats (21). Arkansas is leading but think Kentucky is going to come back.

jenn said...

I don't watch football myself, but would think bragging and booing and all that good stuff makes it more fun, no? As long as no one gets hurt, of course.

Suprina said...

Now see bragging, booing, ooohhing and awwing, taughting are all about the experience of football.

But when it is taken too far and not done in the best of taste, then I think it is taking it a bit too far. And actual fighting is taking it to far.

I do think some fans need a fan Etiquette class.

Great post!

hockeymom27 said...

ok- so I was reading the blog today & I see you are a UCF alum... me too- what year? Me... '93.

I love college football, as well as the NFL, and I will say it is exciting to see that sometimes they do put those Knights on tv... I am in VA now, so I was shocked when I was flipping through games and saw UCF...

Anyway- enjoy the games, and GO KNIGHTS!!

KarenW said...

You've got to root for your team and antagonize the opponents. That's the fun of it all!

Unknown said...

I just LOVE football! I'm up on the little wager I made with my hubby so that makes it even more exciting!

Hope the whole football season keeps you happy! It's amazing how down you can get just from a team losing...trust me we've been there.

Jodi said...

What fun would it be if you couldn't heckle the other teams??? Hope your team won!

Jodi
My Life as Mama Jodi

Sallie said...

Hope your team won... my husband was watching as I surfed the net.. It's just not my cup of tea :-)

God bless,
Sallie

retrodaddy said...

Don't worry. I'm sure both Memphis fans were treated cordially by the rowdy UCF faithful.

BTW, the e-amil I got from the UF president last week trumps your e-mail. Bernie Machen sent out an e-mail updating alumni, students and hangers-on about the tasing incident. Don't tase me, bro!!

Valtool said...

Mike, thanks for the encouragement as we have our third non-conf game this weekend against Univ of Louisiana-Lafayette.

I spoke with Tim today and mentioned the email. He told me the bakground, that allegedly when Texas was there, UCF fans spit on them, threw beer on them, and attempted to urinate on them.

I'd say the email was warranted AND someone should be up on some assault charges.

retrodaddy said...

Assault charges? Sounds like a typical SEC road game to me.

Patti said...

Big NE Patriots football fan here! Go Pats! :)