Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Opportunity to Shine

Things sometimes just don't go as you have them planned.

Today was to be my second day off in a row, my second day off of the week as it would be. Amy knew I had Monday/Tuesday off, so she managed to switch her schedule to have tonight off and work on Thursday, so she worked last night and came home to sleep.

About an hour ago I got a call from my store manager needing my help tonight due to a combination of a scheduling error and a scheduling conflict, so I immediately said yes that I would come in.

Obviously Amy is disappointed, but it's one of those situations where I am new to the company and I am in a position of responsibility, so I have to step up and accept the shift. So I will be closing tonight and opening tomorrow. We'll have trivia tomorrow night and I work day shifts Thursday and Friday.

Thursday will be Amy's other work day, and Friday we have our adoption support group meeting and the open house at our church as they unveil the completed construction. I don't know what next week's schedule holds, but hopefully a full day off with Amy will be in there somewhere.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so proud of my Michael. We havent had a lot of time together lately but that will change. He is working hard and it will all be worth it. By the time we get LynnMarie home, we can enjoy her and not worry about debt and hopefully have an organized house.

I love you Michael!! You rock, sorry you had to go to work...

Sparky Duck said...

you always gotta do what you gotta do. Jus dont make it a habit, because then the will take advantage

retrodaddy said...

Big picture, small picture. Your boss will love you for coming in on the day off and showing off your kickassedness.