Wednesday, September 26, 2007

2nd Place!

We just got back from trivia and for the first time in over a month, we placed in the money! We had a good shot at first place, having been the only team to ace the round 1 bonus, but we missed two we should have gotten right, here are a few of tonight's offerings....

After China and India, name the next 4 countries in order of highest population. (this is the one we got all four parts on, no one else did).

The other 4-parter, name the 4 MLB franchises with the most World Series Championships.

What is the largest muscle in the human body?

How many stars are there in the big dipper?

In what Colorado town is Columbine High School?

What Brownsville Station song did Motley Crue cover in the 1980's?

What state comes last alphabetically?

In what month, on its first Monday, does the U.S. Supreme Court begin its calander year?

In what year did the USA boycott the Summer Games because Russia had invaded Afghanistan?

What rock group created the rock opera Tommy?

In what German city did the Oktoberfest originate?

10 comments:

Rebecca said...

Wow - you're way better at trivia than I am :-)

Unknown said...

Congrats! So...what is the largest muscle in the human body? Just curious. I get a little confused by what qualifies as a muscle and what doesn't.

Valtool said...

Sorry to hear that Frigga. I've just always been the type of person who really likes to know things, though I was never much for studying during school.

mama - we went with the diaphram for 6 points (we get to use 2,4,6,8 each once per round). Going for 2 would have been better. The answer - the glutius maximus (obviously some butts are larger than others).

jenn said...

I don't know the answers to many of them. Pitiful, I know.

Melanie said...

The muscle one I actually knew!!! LOL Congrats on second place!

Suprina said...

I love trivia, but am Horrible at it.
My husband on the other hand is Awesome at it.

Hey Oktoberfest is going on right now. I lived in Germany and my husband lived in Germany a total of 6 years.

Unknown said...

Wow, sounds like y'all had a lot of fun! What German city did Oktoberfest originate?

Terri said...

Trivia is not my cup of tea. That's why I don't do well at Trivial Pursuit. Give my Bible Trivia though, and I should do great!

Patti said...

I love trivia! Unfortunately I'm not very good at it! I might know the rock opera answer. Was it The Who??

Sallie said...

Uhm, yeah, my husband does all the trivia stuff and I follow along with the dumbfounded look on my face!

God bless,
Sallie