Thursday, August 02, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #23


Thirteen Things about Michael

Thirteen Things About My Day At Six Flags Today

1…. Amy and I went with my father-in-law, Tom, my sister-in-law, Kelly, and our neice Janie and nephew Seth.

2... We indulged in the unlimited refills souvenier cups for $11.99.

3... We Started off by taking pictures with the characters just inside the entrance. I had my picture taken with Batman, Bugs Bunny, and Marvin the Martian.

4... The first ride we went on was the Georgia Cyclone, a wooden roller coaster which rides rough (needs shock absorbers) and is a lot longer than it looks.

5... We then rode the Dahlonega Mine Train (similar to Disney's Thunder Railroad but tamer). It was the first roller coaster built at Six Flags back when it opened in 1967.

6... As you can tell from the above item, Six Flags over Georgia is celebrating its 40th anniversary this year.

7... I'm told that Six Flags has a fairly new CEO and he has done a LOT to make it a better place (cleaner public areas (especially the restrooms) and dress code and behavior enforcement). It made a real difference.

8... We spent time in Bugs Bunny Land where the kids rode just about every ride.

9... While Janie and Kelly went on one ride, I took Seth to the restroom and then we played one of the carnival games where you shoot water at a target to lift a meter to determine the winner. Seth is 4 years old and he beat me! I waited to make sure he knew what he needed to do and he took off ahead of me, so he won a large plush Bugs Bunny!

10... Amy rode a total of two rides, the carousel and the Six Flags Railroad which tours through the park.

11... This is the place to be if you like roller coasters. They have, The Georgia Cyclone, the Great American Scream Machine, Superman Flight, Batman the Ride, The Mindbender, The Ninja, The Dahlonega Mine Train, The Georgia Scorcher, Deja Vu, and Goliath.

12... We spent just 6 hours there, in over 90 degree heat, but we had a good time!

13... We've reunited with my mother-in-law, Barbara and nephew Owen and we're headed out to dinner and back to their hotel for a swim!

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!




5 comments:

Lori said...

Sounds like an awesome trip!! Happy TT.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys had fun! We went to six flags here in California and the Superman roller coaster freaked me out!!
:( No more roller coasters for me thanks.

Jean Bauhaus said...

Aw, man. I love Six Flags, but I haven't been to one in years. Sounds like you had a great time. Happy TT!

1UP RPG said...

I bet those unlimited refill cups came in handy in that 90 degree heat. Sounds like Good Times were had.

Bob

Click here for my blog

tiggerprr said...

I actually went to that Six Flags when I was a toddler (I was born in Georgia). :) I need to go there again, so I can hug Bugs Bunny and Sylvester the Cat, and shoot at Marvin the Martian with my Space Modulator. hehehe