Friday, August 17, 2007

Friday Feast #18

Appetizer - Describe your laundry routine. Do you have a certain day when you do it all, or do you just wash whatever you need for the next day?
When I did my own laundry I would just do it as needed, so maybe once a week. Now I am married and Amy does about 95% of the laundry and she does it almost daily. (p.s. I do a lot of cooking).

Soup - In your opinion, what age will you be when you’ll consider yourself to truly be old?
I don't know about truly old, maybe 60, but I get pangs of oldness now as I hire and train people who were not alive when I graduated from high school.

Salad - What is one of your goals? Is it short-term, long-term, or both?
To be debt free, long-term, short-term, and always, and it's a tough one. I actually downgraded our cable TV service yesterday as part of this plan and the lawn guy is next to go.

Main Course - Name something unbelievable you’ve seen or read lately.
Yesterday I read that something like 500 people died in Iraq in a single day (Iraqi people) due to a series of bomb attacks.

Dessert - On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being highest, how happy are you today?
7. I am enjoying working and actually having a job, but it is a lot of physical work right now and will be for another 2 weeks or so, and it's wearing me down a bit. Add to this some stresses at home, can't go above a 7.


7 comments:

Unknown said...

Interesting answers. You are doing a great job with the cooking and attempting to get debt free. we have a ways to go but we can do it! Hope the physical part of your job is over soon!

Annie said...

Great feast, Happy Friday!
♥♥♥♥
annie
My Life as Annie!

Lady of Musotopia said...

Yeah - that figure in your main course is really scary and very sad.
All the best with budgeting and reducing your debt. It's a challenge but I'm sure you and Amy will have the determination to get through it :)
Hope everything goes well with your job. Try not to stress :)
Have a good weekend!

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Great feast Michael! I love that you guys trade off chores, laundry and cooking and such. And good for you for working down your debt, it's not easy, so good job!

Have a great day and weekend :)

Anonymous said...

I agree with your main course--unbelievable. Hope you reach higher happiness soon :)

Lori said...

Great feast....your salad sounds awesome. I need to have some of that too. I spend way too much on cable. Happy FF.

Rebecca said...

Old is always about 20 years older than me ~ and I feel you on the debt, I haven't had any cable for a year now :-)