Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Wordless Wednesday #13 - "Drill"

Taken with my father's Canon F1 (that he took to Vietnam and back), this was one of my first SLR shots and one of the first prints I developed. I had a little trouble with the shading at the top, but I still like the shot. University of Central Florida Army ROTC.

Plus - I have a lot of other new pictures if you pan down. We have a new member of the family (Pixel) and I spent some time Saturday at the Roswell Fire Department Apparatus Muster and Show.

13 comments:

tegdirb92 said...

nice shot!! Have a wonderful wednesday.

Jenny McB said...

I think that the shading adds to the picture.

DebD said...

Cool! Nice to have a photo that you took of something memorable to your father.

Happy WW

Deb on the Run

Celeste said...

I thought the shading looked like the sky

anyhowblogs said...

I'm sure the polished act will look great. For now let's leave them to practice. Happy WW.

Jenn in Holland said...

Oh, I like the shot too. Well done!

elasticwaistbandlady said...

Their 'standing at attention' caught my attention!

Happy WW!

jams o donnell said...

Great shot. I think the shading adds to the pic myself

Dragonheart said...

Nice black and white shot. :) Very cool that you took that photo with your father's camera. :)

Shaz said...

looks good to me x

The Wilson's said...

Awesome picture. Happy WW!!!

Amber said...

For a first attempt it's pretty darn well done. Great shot!

impworks said...

Sometimes a miss using film and an SLR.