Things I remember from the 1980's
2. Lionel Richie performing "All Night Long" at the closing ceremonies of the 1984 Summer Olympics in Los Angeles.
3. A road trip to Pennsylvania to see family and visit a college for my brother in 1985. During the trip the day of the simulcast of "We Are the World" on every radio station in the USA was held. (also learned there are a LOT of bridges in Pittsburgh).
4. Being in 4th grade and hearing about President Reagan being shot.
5. Going to see Ghostbusters in the Summer of 1984 and running into a friend from my football team. (BTW I am dressing up as a ghostbuster for Halloween).
6. Going door to door selling home delivery subscriptions for USA Today in metro-Atlanta in 1982-1983.
7. Going on a weekend retreat in December of my Senior year of HS and "It Takes Two" by MC Rob Base and DJ E Z Rock being the song being played all weekend.
8. Going to game 2 of the 1980 World Series to see the Phillies beat the Royals!
9. Selling Krispy Kreme donuts on the street corner on Saturday mornings as a fund-raiser for a band trip. I sold enough to pay for my entire trip to Panama City Beach, Fl and have spending money too.
10. Going to my first rock cancert (with my brother) in 1985 - Hall & Oates.
11. Riding our bikes to the community pool and usually going over to the 7-11 to play video games while we were there.
12. Getting my first real job, working as a bagger at Kroger in 1987.
13. Going on a July 4th vacation in the early 80's staying in a cabin at Unicoi State park in Georgia.
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants