Thursday, January 31, 2008

A little bummed

Ever find out that someone you know died and it was totally unexpected? It happened for me yesterday morning. I got to work and found out about a horrible accident. There's a lady named Linda who works for Walgreen's (as I do). I met her this past Summer as I worked on the set-up of two new stores. Linda's job with the company was to travel around and coordinate the set-up of stores. She was in charge of making sure everything was put together correctly after the construction was done, so she did things like decide what items went on what aisles and how many shelves it would take and where to build them.
So I worked with Linda for about a month, and we talked a little bit. I brought in a boom box so we could have music inside while we worked and the radio did not pick up well, so we relied on CDs, most of what I had with me being contemporary christian music. So I found out she lives about 4 or 5 miles from where I do and she attended First Baptist of Woodstock, GA.
This week she was down in Albany, GA (way down in the SW corner of the state, near AL and FL). She stopped her car for some reason, got out along a busy highway and was struck by multiple vehicles and died on the scene. We have not heard anything regarding funeral services, and I have to say I barely knew her, but I did work with her ever day for a month.

1 comment:

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

How sad! I'm so sorry!