Thursday, November 29, 2007

Thursday Thirteen # 32

Thirteen Things about Our win at Trivia tonight, 13 of the questions we got right!

1. Novels - In what novel is "Big Brother" watching you?

2. The Moon - If the moon is "waxing" is it increasing or decreasing in size?

3. Holiday Music - In The Chipmonks Christmas song, what does Alvin want for Christmas?

4. Movie Music - What song on the Dirty Dancing soundtrack was written and performed by the movie's lead actor Patrick Swayze?

5. Disney Films - What is the name of the Princess in Aladdin?

6. 90's Music - What band had the hit "Bittersweet Symphony?"

7. Cartoons - What cartoon character had a band called The Holograms?

8. Christmas Stories - What is the name of the Grinch's dog in Dr. Seuss' How The Grinch Stole Christmas?

9. U.S. Geography - What US State shares a border with Canada separated by the Straits of Juan de Fuca?

10. Sir Names - In the USA, what 4 colors are the most common sir names?

11. Basketball - What L.A. Lakers rookie lead the team to the NBA Championship in 1980 as he played in all 5 positions?

12. Ivy League - In what state is Yale University located?

13. The Final Bonus (we were tied for 1st) - What auto manufacturer was the first to mass produce cars with seat belts as a standard feature?


The answers, 1984, increasing, hula hoop, She's Like The Wind, Jasmine, the Verve, Jem, Max, Washington, (Grey, Brown, White and Black), Magic Johnson, Connecticut, and Volvo.

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



13 comments:

Malcolm said...

Congratulations on your team's victory. I got 7 out of 13 right.

Nicholas said...

I got a few of those.

Shoshana said...

Alvin wants his two front teeth. :)

That's about all I know for sure.

My T13 is here.

DrillerAA said...

It's too early in the morning to think this hard. Great questions and congratulations on your victory.

Rebecca said...

Oh fun! I'm not nearly as good at trivia as you and Amy, but I'll give a few of them a try:

1. 1984
2. decreasing ?
3.
4.
5. Jasmine ?
6. Queen
7. Jem
8.
9.
10. Brown, White, Black, Green
11. Magic Johnson ? (I suck at sports!)
12. Connecticut ?
13. Chevy ?

See, I'm not so good, but I'm looking forward to the answers!! Happy TT :P

ellen b. said...

Fun, but I'm not going to embarrass myself!. I love your Christmas blog presentation!!!

Lori said...

Ummmmmmm, dont I feel retarded?? lol...Happy TT and thanks for stopping by.

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Grey? Not Green(e)?

As for Trevor. Nope, neither a friend nor my cat. He's the fictional character my first book centers on. Poke around the archives, follow links, and drop me lots of e-mails if you are lost and I'll get you up to speed so that you're soon caught up in the craziness, too.

Shesawriter said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Happy TT. :-)

SandyCarlson said...

I got a couple! Thanks for providing the answers at the end. I've learned something.

God bless.

Thanks for stopping by Writing in Faith, too!

Unknown said...

I knew some of the answers, 1984 is one of my favorite books, and required reading for my son's this school year (we homeschool). Great T13 stop by the cafe some day.

Robin said...

I knew a bunch of those! Yay me. I'm surprised that Smith wasn't one of the surnames though.

Rebecca said...

Hey, I got 5 right, that's pretty good!! :P