Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Look out for the Cheese!

Pepperjack?
Bleu?
Parmesean?
Gouda?

It doesn't matter what kind of cheese you like, you'll get it and plenty more if you go to see Disney's new movie Enchanted.

Amy and I went to see it at a matinee this afternoon, and we really enjoy Disney movies and this is a combination of many elements from the fairy-tale animated films we love.

The premise is that in a fairy-tale fantasyland, a prince has met his true love and will marry her the next day. His evil step-mother does not want to lose her throne, so she sends the bride-to-be to modern day New York City. Her hero follows, along with his page who is secretly working with the evil Queen. The problem is the bride meets McDreamy from Grey's Anatomy, who is about to become engaged to the bi-sexual performance artist from Rent who also happens to be the Wicked Witch of the West from Wicked! (not that any of this has to do with the story)

So anyways, song, dance, magic, and ever-after happy endings prevail. If you go, struggle through the Central Park musical number because that's the cheesy best (or is it worst?).

We enjoyed it, and anyone who believes in true love's first kiss will as well!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

My nieces really want to see that one! I'll probably get to see it once it's out on dvd. But what does cheese have to do with it? I love cheese. :-0...

BTW - I picked you in my TT this week as a "favorite" but you have to come to http://anyapples.blogspot.com/ to find out why. :P

SandyCarlson said...

That is too cool! I've laughed my way through the previews, and I'm looking forward to it. Nice Disney has a sense of humor about itself, too!