Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Independence Day Update

It's 9:45 (roughly)

I got home from the race around 12:30, having stopped at Publix for subs for lunch, bananas for potasium, and a dutch apple crumb pie because it was on sale and it was right at the front of the danged registers.

Ate lunch with Amy and went upstairs to soak in the tub which is a nice garden tub, but about 3 inches too short for me to extend my legs all the way, which I REALLY wanted to be able to do. After the soak I napped for about an hour and a half (I was up at 4:30am, on the train by 5:45 and at the station nearest the starting point at 6am, which wound up being 2 and a half hours before we started the race).

Amy woke me up and we dressed to head out to Dad's for his bar-b-que of burgers and brats. He and Basil (our awesomely cute 2 y/o nephew) made the potato salad together this morning! After dinner we sat and talked and had some watermelon and now we're home.

My plan is to soak again and then probably head to bed with another banana and some Advil. Everything from my thighs down are sore and barely functional, worst parts being my feet in general, my knees, and the muscles in the back of my thighs. Oweeee.

No comments: