Thursday, April 03, 2008

Thursday Thirteen - 80's Trivia


Thirteen Things about My Favorite Decade!



Tonight we had a special event to attend, even in my weakened state, we had to be there. At our favorite trivia venue it was a theme night, all 80's trivia! We were encouraged to dress for the event and I dug out my old Members Only jacket (3x, I now wear 1x) and I still have my Senior Class T-shirt, Redan High School class of 1989. Matt the bartender was amazed it fits 19 years later, and I had the pleasure of sharing with him that I weighed about 50 pounds more back then than I do now. So the music was all 80's and Jenn even played some Debbie Gibson for me. So we placed second, losing by only 6 points to a team over twice our sie and both our teams were a good 30 points ahead of everyone else by the final bonus. So here are 13 of the questions...

What sit-com actress spent most of the 1980's doing commerical endorsements for the Thighmaster?

Emmanuel Lewis played what TV character?

What were the names of the ghosts on the original Pac-Man arcade game?

In 1983, what song by the Police was #1 on the charts for the year's longest period of time, 8 weeks?

In what year did the space shuttle Challenger accident occur?

What featured soloist was the first to sing a line by himself/herself in "We Are The World?" (multiple choice Michael Jackson, Stevie Wonder, Lionel Richie or Willie Nelson)?

Dr. Dre and Ed Lover hosted what daily program on MTV?

What was the name of the country club in the movie Caddyshack?

Name 4 of the top 5 selling artists or groups in the decade of the 80's.

On the People's Court, what was the name of Judge Wapner's baliff?

What was the name of the 13-year-old who sued the Kokomo, IN school board after they expelled him for being HIV positive?

What nation's hockey team did the USA beat to win the gold medal in hockey at the 1980 Winter Games in Lake Placid, NY?

And the final bonus.... we were in second place by 6 points and we both got it right for the full value, so we were stuck in 2nd..... What movie had the highest domestic box office gross during the decade of the 1980's?

I'll post the answers tomorrow! In the meantime, visit http://www.rockingthe80s.blogspot.com/ for an awesome 80's music tribute site!




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!





6 comments:

Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said...

Challenger must have been in 86. While I can't remember the year for certain I do remember what I was doing. I had been out shoppng for a dress to wear to a friends wedding I had just got in when my fiance called to ask if I had heard the news. They got married a year before we did, I think.

Anonymous said...

I know two of those.

Firefly Mom said...

1. Suzanne Sommers
2. Webster
3. ?
4. Every Breath You Take (?)
5. I don't remember, but I do remember I was in Mrs. Spicer's English class watching on the TV.
6. ?
7. ?
8. ?
9. ?
10. ?
11. Ryan White
12. Russia
13. ET (?)

Bethanne said...

Hmm, I recognized lots... wish I could remember the bailiff's name. IT's been a while...and I was very young when I could those episodes.

ET is a GREAT guess. I don't know the answer. Top Gun? Didn't everyone go to see that, what with all the half naked men playing volleyball??? lol

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's a trip back in time. Wasn't the bailiff named Rusty? Why do I know that? Great questions, great TT!

Ami said...

This was fun! Way to take me back...*sigh*

Thanks for stopping by!