Friday, June 15, 2007

Show your Age

In the past two days there have been two concerts held at the Hi-Fi Buys Ampitheatre here in Atlanta. My question is which one is more important culturally or has the greatest impact as an event.

On Wednesday night it was the opening date of the 2007 tour by Rush. My brother got to go, and sat about 20 rows back under the covered area. His response was this was a show by three guys all of whom are over 50 years old, so F*** You!

The other show was by a group called Fall Out Boy.

I will let you decide, 3 guys over 50 or 4 guys under 25. Here are two live videos.

Rush - Spirit of Radio


Fall Out Boy - Dance Dance

7 comments:

Cyndi said...

I go with the oldies. :) some of the music today is just crap.
and yeah steven tyler had to be some kind of weird to put his daughter poledancing in a video...

steven.russell said...

fall out boy.

love the song.

Jillie Bean (AKA Bubba's Sis) said...

I'll take Rush any day! I've never even heard of the Fall Out Boys! And I can't understand them!

Karen said...

I like the Fall Out Boys:-)

Sparky Duck said...

Culturally, its gotta be Rush. But musically, I would take FAB anyday. But I got a double overdose of Rush in college so I am jaded.

Oh thanks we got the swag yesterday and I loves it

Shannon said...

Rush has such a rich sound. FOB is great to run to though! Why does Rush have washing machines on the stage??

tiggerprr said...

Rush any day of the week! :)