So, a new week, and the first one during which I am technically unemployed. I did do some work this weekend, mystery shopping 5 Kroger and Walmart Superstores, and that will net me $90 for the effort, inventorying their charcoal.
As for the job search.... Jobs applied for so far....
1. Store Manager for Kauffman Tires - shot down after 80 miles roundtrip for a 15 minute interview.
2. Target - Any job - got a postcard Saturday saying no thanks after two great interviews on Thursday and being told I would hear from them to come interview with the unit director this week (which makes the postcard mysterious).
3. Kroger - worked for them as my first job ever.
4. Blockbuster Video - worked for them in the 90's.
5. Kennestone Cardiac for office jobs.
6. JC Penny - applied online for anything.
7. A couple of accounting jobs that were in the paper a few weeks ago.
8. Chick-fil-a near my house - shot down without an interview.
9. Kennesaw, GA Police Department - today I went and took the preliminary written exam. I felt I did VERY WELL. I now will find out if I passed withing the week and I will then have to pass the physical exam on July 17th in order to be able to fill out an application for the actual job. The physical test includes vertical leap, seated reach, sit-ups, and a timed run. I will be hitting the gym with a fury this month, especially as the final one month of my agreement was billed today, so I have 30 days to drop a good 15-20 piounds and make those sit-ups and puch-ups work. BTW I think it was 21 push-ups and 29 sit-ups in a minute.