13 Things I learned or experienced while on the Disney Magic last week.
1. St. Maarten/St. Martin is the smallest island in the world with dual national control.
2. The North side of St. Maarten is controlled by France.
3. The South side of St. Maarten is controlled by The Netherlands (Holland/Dutch).
4. Every time I have set foot on St. Maarten I have left with more money than I arrived.
5. This time I won $255 in half an hour playing blackjack at the Coloseum Casino on Front Street.
6. St. Maarten got its name because Christopher Columbus discovered it on St. Maarten's Day.
7. St. Thomas and St. John are part of the United States Virgin Islands (U.S.V.I.).
8. St. John was a gift to the United States Government from the Rockefeller family.
9. In St. John theye drive on the left side of the road.
10. Though owned by the United States, citizens of the U.S.V.I. do not get to vote in the Presidential elections.
11. Cruzan Rum is made in the U.S.V.I. so if you buy a bottle of it (1 litre) you are entitled to 3 more litres of any other alcohol duty free.
12. On a Disney Cruise you can sign up for tastings of wine, beer or tequila/margaritas with interactive teaching about the drinks from the bartenders. We did the tequila/margarita tasting for $15 each and tried a new coffee-flavored liquor called Patron XO.
13. We did not play bingo the entire 7 -day cruise and we did not miss it at all. We did play trivia a few times and enjoed one round of Disney Tune Trivia where a pianist played a few lines of a song and we got a point for each correct title and a point for naming the movie or attraction the song is used in. I think the maximum was 33 points and we got 19 because we don't know High School Musical 2 or Pete's Dragon at all.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants