1. Expected - Bluejeans. I realized I last bought new bluejeans in the Spring of 1999 before going on a mission trip to TN with my college ministry group. I asked for 2 new pair of Wranglers. I received 3 new pair of Levis and a nice wool-lined denim jacket.
2. Expected - Boxer shorts. Last year I received 3 really nice pair of J.Crew boxers from my s-i-l and this year it was 3 pair of Izod. We'll see how they compare. Again they were from Kelly. Here's a tip. It is okay for your sister-in-law to buy you underwear. It for a guy to buy his s-i-l underwear (except maybe longohns).
Well, that was all that I ASKED for, so the rest of these fall in the Unexpected category.
3. Number 3 in this 13, but number 1 on my list. A daughter. By early Spring I will be a daddy. Go to http://www.thechristopherfamily.blogspot.com/ to learn more.
4. An Xbox 360! I would have enjoyed a refurbished Xbox so I could continue to play the games I have for it, but Amy got me the newer one and it should play some if not all of the older games.
5. A Jeff Dunham DVD. Jeff Dunham is probably my favorite comedian. Granted, he's a ventriloquist, but I have been watching him for over 10 years and even got to see him live back in '98 or '99 at the UCF Homecoming Week Comedy concert. "Peanut, you lost a shoe." "No I didn't. I FOUND one!"
6. The Bro Code - from our favorite sitcom, How I Met Your Mother, authored by Barney Stinson (Neil Patrick Harris) a copy of the book The Bro Code.
7. An itunes gift card. I hope that it works for downloading songs I can use on my mp3 player because I don't have an ipod.
8. The Dark Knight - in my opinion the best movie I saw this year. Now I own it.
9. A new UCF hat, white with the UCF logo.
10. A new UCF polo shirt, primarily black with gold and white stripes and the UCF Knights logo.
11. Whatever is coming from my brother and his family (it didn't arrive yet).
12. A book on being a daddy (from Amy).
13. Step-brothers (the movie). We have not seen it, but we generally like Will Farrell and the ads looked funny.
Merry Christmas to those of you who read my blog. I found out there are a lot more of you than I realized. make me happy and leave comments sometimes. I'll find out who some of you are and some conversations, discussions and relationships might just begin!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants