Friday, October 31, 2008

Blah

Today was kind of rough at work. Part of it was the volume of business. Part of that was the special project I had, setting up a studio-like backdrop and taking portrait photos of kids in their costumes. it was kind of fun, but I could not see myself working in a studio. There were a lot of cute and adorable costumes.... an infant in a giraffe suit, another in a tiger and a third in a Mickey Mouse. Toddlers and preschoolers as Dorothy and Glinda, Tinkerbell, Minnie Mouse. Employees as a pirate, mod dude, witch and M&M.

The thing that got me the most was wishing I had a child to do the whole costume thing with and to take trick or treating, son or daughter, it does not matter.

Later in the day I spoke with a friend from church about a mutual friend/couple. I received a voicemail that the wife had emergency surgery last night, but no details. The other friend knew more and shared that it was a matter with an eptopic pregnancy. I don't know that they even knew they were regnant and of course this condition causes a serious threat to the mother and that is why the surgery was required. I am told she is fine, but obviously the couple is devastated. We hope to go see them tomorrow as an invitation to visit in the hospital has been extended. It's just sad.

No comments: