Tuesday, March 03, 2009

The Great Adventure

I haven't written or posted much here in the past month or so. I haven't been too inspired to write, but I've had a lot on my mind. It's almost 11:30pm right now and that means I am 175 hours away from rolling down a runway at Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson Airport, heading to Newark and then onward to Beijing.

In about 10 days the actual reality that I will be a dad will become true. I always knew this day would come. I never planned or expected that my first child would be adopted or that the child would be from China or that the child would be a girl. I always expected I would be the father of boys. The men in my family have a tendency to father boys, ,about 70% going back 3 generations. I will have a princess to call me daddy. I will be worried about her growing up, protective of her when she begins dating, encouraging of her as she learns and grows and becomes a woman I will be proud of.

I know I have a lot to learn in this process, but it is the greatest adventure I will ever do.

4 comments:

Don and Be said...

HomeDaddy is with you on your excitement and concerns. You're gonna love it.

Jeff said...

I know y'all are in La La Land of excitement in anticipation for what will be an amazing trip, and the best souvenir ever!

Carlos said...

So pumped for you guys!!!
Keep us updated
Los

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Have a ton of adventures pops... :)